Monday, August 4, 2014

I Chose to Walk Away


I walked away- but will never disappear. Let me explain, briefly. On June 21, 2014, my younger son was married. I was not invited, nor included in any way. I knew where the wedding was to take place, I knew when it would take place. Some... people suggested I just show up, others offered to take photos for me - as they would be there......I chose to "walk away" that day. Instead, some wonderful friends made a dinner party for me on June 21. It was a difficult heartwrenching evening - but I was even able to laugh once or twice with my friends (in between a few tears, as I did not deserve how I was treated by my son the groom)....
For 15 years of his life, I was the one who raised him - pretty much single handedly. I loved him with every breath in me. But on this night of June 21, I knew that the bride deserved her special night - drama free. Even though my phonecalls and emails to her went ignored. I walked away that night - in order to give the groom and bride their special evening - a fairytale that did not include the mother of the groom. My letter to the father of the bride is on my blog - I wish he had organized a dinner/lunch where I could have met my future daughter in law - and the mother of the bride. Nothing was done. They just wanted me to disappear. Well, I walked away with dignity. But I will never disappear. I pray our children have much happiness in their future. And some day, compassion and peace in their heart.

5 comments:

Judy said...

You have acted and continue to act with grace and dignity. If these people had any sense they would be mortified. You are a class act and the strongest woman I know ❤️

Star Gazer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jhlstyle said...

Judy, thank you so much for what you said....and Star Gazer, thank you, too! I just didn't want the bride's name or family name on my blog at this time. For everyone who has written me - I thank you all with all my heart.

Star Gazer said...

Tragically, KB did not walk away from marrying a ‘hater’, as she should have. A marriage where one party is known to be a ‘hater’, will not be filled with joy and happiness. What was KB thinking? What were her parents thinking?

Anonymous said...

Julie, I have been through the exact same thing. It has been 5.5 years since I saw my son. Fortunately, I kept my daughter and her dad has been out of the picture all this time. Nothing will ever fill that void in my heart. But life has gone on. Peaceful thoughts to you.