Monday, May 19, 2014

Blog status : Public vs Private/Restricted

 
To All My Friends and Blog Followers....

I am thinking about making my blog, UntilYouSayUncle.blogspot.com, private with restricted viewing access; but first need to figure it all out! I do not want to lose all my old blog entries and am technologically challenged when it comes to figuring out these specifics!

If you wish to continue following my blog when it is set to private status, you will be able to request access ...You would send me your email address so I can place you on a private viewing list. I promise the only purpose for your email address would be to allow you access to my blog, and nothing else. I'll keep writing, and healing....However, it will be restricted from public viewing and only accessible to those requesting access.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with your own opinion regarding this.  I'd love to hear from you - so post, private message, or email me your thoughts and comments about this suggested change. Your feedback is always appreciated.
 
What do you think?
 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it would be a good idea. I am guessing one of the major barriers between yourself and your sons is the existence of this public blog, and taking this private might help.

jhlstyle said...

Dear Anonymous, I don't think that removing my blog from public access will change the behaviors of my sons - as much as I pray for that. You see, from 1999-2009, there was no blog. And my sons were so awful to me during those years, too! The only common denominator - their father was around to influence them with many lies and destroy our relationship. Then there was a time when I did take the blog down in 2009, for my sons....it made no difference to them - after they said it would, I still never heard from them during that period of months with no blog. My blog makes my son's future fatherinlaw uncomfortable, so I am truly thinking of him during this time. And still praying it will make a difference with my alienated sons.

jhlstyle said...

Thank you to all who have written me. So many of you! I appreciate your outpouring of concern.

Anonymous said...

just found your blog and though I'm a stranger - am just connecting with your heart - 'cos mine is similarly hurt - to say the least (i.e. the word 'hurt' doesn't cut it ... but maybe a good writer like yourself has another word..). Thank you for sharing openly. Thus said, my answer is no, as you have much to share which is inspirational to others. Thank you and be blessed on your journey. Praying the cruelty of this world including dynamics like these and the resultant tears turn into lasting healing, peace and happiness through truth and real understanding. Bless you

jhlstyle said...

Dear Anonymous, I'm so sorry that you,too, know of this pain - when one parent is able to teach children to hate and hurt the other parent. It is so cruel. To all involved. I would have removed my blog from public domain in a heartbeat - if my sons would tell me they would work on renewing our relationships.